Recent Posts

April 28, 2009

On The Eve of My Big 3 0

I know this has nothing to do with junk, but this is one of the big things happening in my little world. Tomorrow, I turn the big 30 and I'm dreading it, but am embracing a fresh start too! Many have said it's just a number and really I know it is, but its kinda sad to say good by to my young and crazy 20's. Looking a head it's so nice to know I am happy & settled. I have a wonderful husband, 2 fun & spunky little girls, and I get to do what I love Junk. What a way to start the next chapter!  I would love to hear any words of wisdom or just some funny talk to celebrate my BIG 30. Thank you to all my devoted readers. I love reading about your lives and hearing about all your junk! xoxo jojo

Enough about me! Happy 1st B-day to my sweet little lulu!!!!!

6 comments:

foggiamle said...

I have to admit, I woke up and cried the morning I turned 30. There's just something a little sad about leaving your 20s behind. I was feeling ESPECIALLY old at the time, because I had just begun dating a 22 year old (who is now my hubby). At least the Junk Hunk is older than you- you'll always have that! Happy Birthday JoJo Junklady!

JB Knacker said...

Happy birthday to you and your sweet little LuLu! Since I am sooo much older than you (41 1/2), I should have all sorts of wisdom to share w/ you, but nothing's coming to me right now. I think you summed it up pretty well...enjoy each and every day w/ your loved ones and be passionate about your JUNK! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!! Brenda

Belua Designs said...

I was happy when I turned 30 (2 years ago). My mom always told me that the 30's were the best because you're young enough to still look good but old enough to be taken seriously. Those words made the transition a little easier :) Happy Birthday!

Barntiques said...

Wow! I guess I am the oldie so far. Our classmates are planning a 50th birthday party this summer. I am going to embrace the fifties. What the hell else can I do? I am married my "senior" prom date in high school. And I want to be with him through our "senior years!" Awww, I know, forget all the gush and bring on the JUNK!!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOJO...and LULU too!!!!

OMG! I LOVED my 30's and am loving my 40's. I say embrace life and you'll love every decade (and it sure seems like you do Jojo). Each one brings something new and special. Just enjoy the ride:D

I turn 48 the end of next month and am already wondering what's in store for me in my 50's!

I hope you have and awesome day and wonderful 30th year!!

Mindy said...

ok...I guess it was so non-eventful, I don't remember how I felt about 30. 40? I had a party every single month of the year I turned 40. Loved it! Brought it in with a bang and I'm loving my 40's. I say enjoy every day. Be glad for it. Consider the alternative and love breathing, no matter what your age! Happy Birthday, jojo! ~Mindy