Recent Posts

December 29, 2010

J is for Junk!


The day after Thanksgiving I dragged myself out of bed and met up with one of my best friends at 4:30AM. Why? Because of 1 item on sale that Black Friday morning. I must say I was a Black Friday virgin. Never had I woke up before the crack of dawn for any sale except a junk sale of course!

What on earth was this amazing item? A Cricut Expression 50% OFF. We waited in line for an hour in the cold. I have never seen such chaos. I was triumphant and let me just say my little cricut has opend so many repurposing doors. 

Finally this leads me to the picture. This is our newest piece of jewelry. A vinyl "J" sits upon an old optical lense and with a little touch of ephemera it makes a beautiful pendent. 

Oh how I love JUNK! Rumor has it that you can make this at our January Junk Club!

Hope you all have a fun ringing in 2011!

4 comments:

Janelle - The Farmer's Wife said...

the cricut is hands down the best crafting/junking investment I have made...I LOVE IT!

have fun!

julie miller said...

Just found you through another blog and am glad I did!! I have your etsy shop in my favorites and glad to see you have a blog too!! Will be a new follower and would love for you to stop on over to my blog when you get a chance!! Have a great 2011!! Your sales sound intriging--how far from Wis to IA??? Julie @ Junkinjulie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've just discovered your blog! It's terrific! What a dream of mine to do what you do! I hope to some day!

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

I am interested in coming to your Junk Club in January. I cannot send you an email through your email Outlook set-up. I wanted to know if you have any openings left. I have several girls that want to come.

Thanks!
Tricia
cobler_tricia@yahoo.com