Recent Posts

June 29, 2010

Junk Days of Summer


Where to begin! I'm a live...... NO, I haven't fallen in a hole somewhere while junking, but it sure does seem like it. Especially, with my lack of blogging the past weeks. This summer is flashing before me like a dream. Popsicles, sunbathing by the kiddy pool, and Junking!


I have so much I want to share with you all! We have been junking like mad. Stocking up for the Junk Bonanza and our Harvest Market. Junking Rule No. 1 - NEVER go far from home without a trailer. Thanks goodness we spent Friday afternoon unloading it! We headed out early Saturday morning to a sale. You never no what to expect. It was a good sale. Lots of competition, but we held our own. However, what made the day a huge success was an invitation by an older man to stop by his building after the sale. So, when we were finished and all loaded up, we followed this guy quite a ways to his storage building.


Let me stop here and say, our Fairy Junk Mother was totally looking out for us!!**


The storage building wasn't huge, but it was hiding lots of good junk!! It was not organized. Everything was piled on top of each other. When you moved one thing, you revealed another. It was like Christmas morning for us junkers! It was a tough decision, but here are my 5 favorite finds:

We had a blast. The adventure is such a huge part of junking and an adventure we did have. More tomorrow....maybe even a giveaway!!!!
jojo

9 comments:

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

HOLY MOLY! What fortune. Any chance you're giving away any of THAT?

Wear Your Wild said...

Can I move in with y'all?
My heart would have been racing, going through his hidden treasures!

JB Knacker said...

Oh, you two find the best junk! And it must be true about junk karma...you have been good junkers and it's coming back to you!
Brenda

Kristin said...

okay...so not fair!! ;0) i'll take door number five please!!

Alyssa said...

I LOVE #3,#2, and #1! What great finds! :)bb

Amy Kinser said...

You are one fortunate junker, I'm thinkin...

You must have made a good impression on that gentleman for him to take you to his out building to see more.

The Whistle Stop said...

Love it all... but, especially love the cubby & green cupboard! Might see ya at the Bonanza. We did it last year, may just join a friend this year or go to shop!
Laurie

uffda said...

I love it!!! You were in West Union, Iowa. Did you stop at the Barrel?

Next time don't miss Decorah and Mabe's Pizza for the best Pizza ever!

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

I just found your blog and I am IN LOVE. You have yourself another follower! And you weren't kidding, boy was the junk fairy godmother waiving her wand over you today! Awesome stuff.