Recent Posts

April 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home



It has been insanity around here!!! Last week the junk hunk and I hit the road for a 3 state junking trip! Wow, it was intense. We had a great time finding some unique and cool junk. Our metal barn is full and our other barn is full of projects. We have a month to go before our spring market and we'll need every second!! Of course, we'll have to squeeze in a little more junking too. You can never pass up a good junking opportunity!


We got back home on Sunday. Then it was time for me to get serious and to our tax work. Yes, we totally procrastinated! It's done now for another year. Yippy!!


Moving forward....our April Junk Club is tomorrow night. Salvaged wire note boards is what we will be creating. Our menu for the evening I am still deciding. I can't make up my mind! For desert it will be a lemon poppyseed cake with a dusting of powdered sugar on top...yummy!


I have to admit when it comes to taking pictures of what we got on our junking trips I fail miserably. We are always in such a hurry whether its loading or unloading. Maybe I'll just take a picture of everything piled up in our building!


Hope you have a beautiful day and Happy junking!!

jojo

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ok, you are giving me junk envy over here. Can't you move just a little closer to the other side of Iowa! Pleeeease! I need to attend these Junk Club soires!

I know just what you mean about needing every second before a show. Mine is May 1st & 2nd. Every year I tell myself to work over the winter so I am not freaking out the last month before the show. Well...here were are. And yes, I am freaking. Ugh!

~mary~

The Whistle Stop said...

Yep, we are right there with you. We are picking up our taxes today! Creative people don't have time for that practical stuff like taxes. Our Spring Open house is May 7th, & 8th... and we have a ton to do also! Better get busy,
Have a productive day!
Laurie